You’d be hard press to argue that any poet has had a better and busier 2016 than Kaveh Akbar: from organizing poetry festivals; publications including Poetry, PANK, and The Georgia Review; winning the Lucile Medwick Award; to becoming a 2016 Ruth Lilly and Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Fellow. Kaveh is also one of the best interviewers in contemporary writing. Divedapper hosts a weekly conversation with some of the finest voices in poetry today. Nate Marshall, Franny Choi, Frank Bidart, and the late Max Ritvo are just a few names that have been in conversation with Kaveh.
- Check out this interview with Ocean Vuong from Divedapper.
- Read Kaveh’s poem Fugu from Gulf Coast 28.2.
- Hear Kaveh Akbar read his own work “Palmyra” on the PBS Newshour.
- Read poet Rosebud Ben-Oni’s two-part essay on Kaveh’s poetry over at The Keynon Review.
- Pre-order Kaveh’s poetry collection Calling a Wolf a Wolf from Alice James Books.